[OZAPRS] Tait T196? VHF??

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Feb 12 18:23:23 EST 2009

Howdy Folks,

So I've had this old Tait sitting here for a looong time - swapped it
with a mate for an MTR8000 many many moons ago, so I'd have a VHF rig
that didn't cost a fortune that I could play with for APRS..  Only
I've finally got a little bit of breathing space (plus i was unpacking
some of the boxes in the shed last week and found it ;) ), and am
googling for docs on the thing, and the few things I can find seem to
keep calling it a UHF transceiver not a VHF?  Anyone know if this is
right??   Was hoping to embed it somewhere in the back of the wagon
with a TT3 and a gps, but if it's UHF, I may as well give up on that
idea..

Cheers,

Damien

Damien Gardner Jnr