[OZAPRS] Navigator Updates and ZL2 Experience.

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Tue Feb 3 21:11:52 EST 2009

Robert Thirkettle wrote:
> Hi All that is not correct wide1-1 has worked in Christchurch for more
> than a year we never have needed to know the name of the Marleys APRS
> digi since it was installed in 1999 probably the first APRS digi in the
> country and before the adoption of wide1-X it used the relay wide. Of
> course Marley-1 will work as that is its callsign and any TNC will
> always allow you to use its callsign

Hi Rob. Long time since I spoke with you at AREC meetings!

I based my assumption on the fact that I had WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 in the
Opentracker Feb last year and I could not get a signal repeated. I did
hear AX25 by ear on the frequency, so I think I was on the right one.
I'll be in Chch in September so I will bring the equipment back over and
have another go.

David.

--
David Ingram (VK4TDI & ZL3TDI)
To avoid spam trap, send email to dave at ingramtech dot com