[OZAPRS] mint/xastir

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Dec 6 12:44:30 EST 2009

Ben .. I have not got xastir running under Mint but rather under a few other
debian derivitives including a Kubuntu .

Currently there are some problems with some raster maps . Its well known and
well documented.
This would only be a problem if you installed from repositries under Mint 8
. Mint 5 would probably be fine but you would end up with an older version
of xastir. If your happy to compile it yourself under Mint 8 then you would
be fine.

If your not game to compile it yourself then install LSB (linux standard
base) from repositries and use the xastir LSB package from the URL below.
This is really simple and when the fix arrives for the raster map issues you
could install that.
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/Downloads

Tony  Hunt VK5AH