[OZAPRS] VK4RMM-3 Digi Improvements

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Thu Dec 3 00:51:10 EST 2009

Hi all,

I think that someone has been doing some upgrade work on the VK4RMM digi
in the Bunya mountains. I've just returned from a trip out to the
Darling Downs Power Station site which is about 40km west of Dalby.

I've run my OpenTracker with a 5W data modem and 1/4 magmount whip on
the rental car and coverage was spectacular. In the past coverage from
Toowoomba to Dalby was patchy and west of Dalby was non-existant.

I'd be interested to know what was done to make the improvement.

Thanks to those that have worked over the digi. I'll give the drive
another test next week!

David

--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)