[OZAPRS] ZL 6m bandplan

Andrew Rich (Home) vk4tec at tech-software.net
Mon Aug 31 21:27:00 EST 2009

I have tried and given up jack

I don't care any more

Andrew Rich
Airways Technical Officer Grade 4
Surveillance - RADAR ADS-B
Amateur Radio Callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net
web: www.tech-software.net
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Chomley
  To: Andrew Rich (Home) ; Andrew Rich (Home) ; Australian APRS Users
  Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 9:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] ZL 6m bandplan

  At 09:15 PM 8/31/2009, Andrew Rich \(Home\) wrote:

    As far as I can see the WIA has created a mess, it has reduced the required standard to get into radio

    Not raised it.

    The FCALL effort is just a numbers game.

    I pay a fee like everyone else that allows me a piece of spectrum

    People overseas are miles ahead of us.

  Our club has been running upgrade exams with great success, we have more members now than we have ever had, higher attendances at meetings, many members are fired up on APRS, with network upgrades moving ahead.
  We have members experimenting with new modes. Our club did Car Rally comms last weekend.
  People overseas MAYBE ahead of us but......we are moving ahead too.
  Whats your personal contribution to the improvement of the hobby?  We could use your Radar Techo knowledge .......somewhere ;-)

  73  Jack  VK4JRC