[OZAPRS] 6m APRS

Gerard Hill vk2io at amsat.org
Thu Aug 27 19:31:56 EST 2009

Ray Wells wrote:
> Gerard,
>
> You have the advantage of youth :-)

30 years ago, I would have agreed with you :)

 > I said I was in a senior moment, but
> I can't remember if I enjoyed it.

> Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this thought that VK2DOT is
> doing something on or around 53.000 for conventional packet. Are you in
> contact with Rod?

Yes - even on packet ;-) Not sure that he has 6m running still as only
one 70cm radio port is showing up on XRouter. VK2RAG was allocated
53.000 - did it ever operate?
I ran a 53.050 BBS/node port for some time but there was limited
interest. There was more interest in using 53.100 at that time.

> Ray vk2tv

Cheers ... Gerard