[OZAPRS] 6m APRS

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Thu Aug 27 18:00:19 EST 2009

I spent last summer on 53.100 but that was only because there was some
stations listed there in the call book! (never heard a thing!)

but as nice as it sounds to setup on 6m ... is there the use to justify
it?

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 17:42 +1000, Gerard Hill wrote:
> 50.2930 is in the beacons band 50.280 to 50.320.
> <http://www.wia.org.au/members/bandplans/data/documents/Australian%20Band%20Plans%20090724.pdf>
>
> In the past there has been discussion of APRS on 53.100 MHz. Perhaps
> there's a repeater in VK3 operating there. Last year you suggested
> 53.000 MHz, Ray.
>
> Cheers ... Gerard
>
> David and Justine Olsen wrote:
> > Dial 50.2930
> >

> > On 27 Aug 2009, at 15:30, Ray Wells wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> There's considerable discussion on the TAPR APRS mailing list about
> >> 6m APRS.
> >>
> >> I vaguely recall discussion on this locally in the recent past but my
> >> current senior moment has denied me more detail.
> >>
> >> Is there a 6m APRS frequency in Oz? I'd be happy to establish such a
> >> port if I wasn't going to be a network of one station.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts on this?
> >>
> >> Ray vk2tv

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.