[OZAPRS] Wanted: HT for APRS

Nev Blyth nev.blyth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:13:33 EST 2009

Norm & all.

Yep, I have been wondering about that. The xcvr has a 'monitor' function
button, which holds open the squelch when pressed. Worst comes to worst, one
could rig the HT to be able to manually switch that.

In my limited experimentation so-far though, the squelch will open fast
enough to enable decodes of reasonably strong packets.  I am using AGWPE and
a PC sound card to do the decodes - feeding UI-View32 and/or Ozi/NetAPRS.
On the input to the HT, I am using a twin-lead 'slim jim' antenna & sma-bnc
adapter.

Will see if my isolating sound card interface screws everything up.......
;-)

Nev. B

Nev. Blyth, VK1HNB
Canberra, ACT, Australia