[OZAPRS] Wanted: HT for APRS

vk3xci at aanet.com.au vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Mon Aug 24 14:35:07 EST 2009

"I've been there, done that, got the badge" with the little Qaunsheng. It
has a fatal flaw. It has a sleep mode on receive which I haven't been able
to  defeat. It means you miss the first bit of received packets which of
course then don't decode.

OK for a simple tracker if you're not sending posits back to the GPS. My
own set up was Garmin 12 (oooold) GPS, OT1 "modem"  and said Quansheng HT.

If any one has found a way to defeat the sleep mode I'd be more than happy
to hear from you.

Norm, VK3XCI