[OZAPRS] FW: APRS Project

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Thu Apr 30 19:53:56 EST 2009

Anyone able to help out Alex with a balloon tracking experiment ????

He's not an amateur but looking for some APRS expertise to assist J

If you are able to help out let me know and I'll put Alex in touch with you.

Geoff    VK2XJG

Geoff,

My name is Alex, hope you don't mind sending you this email out of the blue,
I found your name at http://vk2.aprs.net.au/vk2regions.php and as the
authour of the APRS presentation at
http://www.bmarc.org/reports/vk2xjg090206/aprs-intro.pdf.

I have been putting together an amatuer high-altitude balloon project in my
spare time. Looking at other similar projects on the web, it seems like
amatuer radio, and in particular APRS, would be an excellent solution for
tacking of the balloon during the flight.

After researching APRS a bit more, it seems like the initial expertise and
expense might be a bit out of my league for this one off project. I was
therefore wondering if anyone in the NSW amatuer radio community would be
interested in collaborating on the project.

I was wondering as the point of contact for the Sydney region of amatuer
radio operators, could you suggest a way that I could get in contact with
the community to discuss the idea of a collaboration, or alternatively could
you point me in the direction of someone who could.

As I'm sure it's obvious I have absolutely no experience in the field, so my
apologies if I'm asking something stupid or in the wrong place. Please let
me know if I can provide any more info to help.

Thanks again for your help

Alex H