[OZAPRS] New to both Linux and Xastir. Havingtrouble gettingthemaps into the maps dir

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Mon Apr 13 12:19:40 EST 2009

OK, one step forward.

After a bit of mucking around I can now see the worldhi.map in the map
properties dialogue box, but no other maps. Path shaunmaps/worldhi.map

I put in the figures you suggested and now the world map has disappeared.

I think I may need to tell xastir to look for .inf maps instead of .map
maps

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
13/04/2009 11:15 AM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

Australian APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] New to both Linux and Xastir.      Havingtrouble
gettingthemaps into the maps dir

Shaun,

you need to make the maps available in Map/Map Chooser/Properties.
Highlight your Directory (shaunmaps) in Map/Map Chooser and, in
properties set up some options. For the 1:250000 I use
Max Zoom 800
Min Zoom 75
Map Layer 750 ( I have other maps with higher and lower numbers)
Fill Auto
USCG DRG No
Auto Map Yes

You need to load new maps in Map/Configure/Index: Add New Maps

That should be about it, except to make sure the zoom level (right
click/Zoom level//Custom Zoom Level) is set within the range of the map
as specified above in properties.

If I've forgotten anything, you can remind me :-)

Ray vk2tv

Shaun Pitcher wrote:
> OK,
>
> I have the maps (geo inf and jpg) in the
usr/share/xastir/maps/ShaunMaps/
> directory.  There is also a Worldhi.map in there as well,
>
> I then goto Map/Map Chooser and ShaunMaps/ is there.  I select it and
hit
> apply.
>
> I have then done all manner of things, including restarting Xastir,
> however I can only get the woldhi.map to display.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Shaun Pitcher

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.