[OZAPRS] 40m QRT

Gordon Taylor gordon.t at internode.on.net
Sun Apr 5 21:05:44 EST 2009

Thanks for the frequency info Jack, yes I will probably shut down soon as
well.

I have heard the following since Saturday morning

VK4JRC
VK5LY-15
VK7HSE-2
VK7KPC-15
VK2KCM-4
VK5AH-4
VK5LY
VK2XGJ-15
VK4BBS
VK4BBS-15
VK4MDX-4

I think that 40m suffers from the same issues as 30m.  Here in Buderim in SE
QLD there is often no gating until late in the day into VK5 , VK8 or VK7.
VK2 seems fairly consistent but there is only VK2TV-4 I think.

Antenna's are not an issue, I have a Terlin Perth Plus that will easily
handle 30m or 40m and an  RFDS whip that with a bit of alfoil taped over the
windings easily does 30m and 40m also.  The issue I have is the HF APRS rig
in the Discovery is a crystal locked Barrett SB220 and I only have a crystal
for 30m, maybe I need to get a 40m one as well...

Regards,
Gordo VK4VP