[OZAPRS] Re: 40m Traffic & TX DELAY

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat Apr 4 20:20:55 EST 2009

David. I dont know what others are running but I run 480mS .. I messed about
with TXDelay on 30m a while back with Tiny Trackers and found that figures
closer to 500mS seemed more reliable. I remember some earlier TNC2 firmware
for VHF that came out with default Txdelays of 300mS . Surely its going to
be higher as a rule on HF !!

I wonder what everyone is running as a rule?

Of course it all depends on different radios your running etc etc.. It also
depends on different receivers that others are running and software and
squelches etc. Those latter things are all out of your control..

I picked some frames up from you on 40m early this morning around the grey
line at 0413 local. The same with ZL4TZE-4 at the same time. So Ive got 8
stations on the heard list so far.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH