[OZAPRS] 40m good but wierd

Rob rob.thirkettle at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Apr 4 06:56:15 EST 2009

Hi All this is explained by the fact that most TNC's have a 50Hz passband
and most rigs don't TX and RX on the same frequency to much better than
20Hz. This means that you can get odd combinations of stations some
receiving some and not others it's just that we are all not on the correct
frequency. We do need a master station but it needs to have its TX and RX
correct to better than 5Hz.

I have a SCS TNC coming next week that will fix the RX at my end as it has a
400Hz passband if I can lock my RX in frequency and I can measure other
stations off set then we have a shot of at least correcting every body over
a day or to the right frequency. I need to see if my GPS reference will work
it's a bit temperamental but if it will go it will at least enable my to get
my RX correct to a few Hz But I don't now how stable my RX will be over
time.

Regards Rob ZL3RX