[OZAPRS] OutBack 4x4 Trackers

Brian Beamish dinkum at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 3 18:04:35 EST 2009

Hi

Jealous of all of you going outback in your 4x4s although I cannot really
complain as not so long ago I returned home from trekking the Kokoda Track
in PNG it was 4x4 part of the time there also, that is down on my 2 hands
and 2 knees, or more times than not on my backside with rain 7 days out of
the 9 making it real 4x4 walking on all the very slippery and muddy tracks.

If those with standard calls who are operating on 40m whilst outback would
like Des VK4DMI or myself to we can turn on a 40m gateway here in Brisbane
for you I guess from around 8am to 6pm each day would do the trick for you
let us know if you want us too.here

Des and I have just been monitoring 40m and as Des pointed out some of the
TX delays need increasing a little as we can clearly see when monitoring
some signals do not reach peak output until part of the way into the beacons
 also some are slightly off frequency using Jack VK4JRC as a reference
station.

Whilst unsure if it is still operating there was a travellers net on 21.185
Monday to Friday that the standard calls and others can call into if they
wish to if still operating we think the time is either 10am or 11am EST.

73 Brian VK4BBS

PS: Both Des and I are using Packet Engine Pro with AGW and Uiview32 find this combination ideal.