[OZAPRS] Re: Anyone copying anyone?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Apr 1 22:34:03 EST 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Jack Chomley wrote:

> > > OK Dave, just WHO are we providing a service to?
> >
> > Umm, the body who granted you your licence in the first place?  Or
> > don't they teach this stuff to newbies any more?
>
> Mmm.....the PMG, then DOC, then DOTC, then ACA, then ACMA. Have I got the
> order right?

I think so; I was referring to the govt of the day, which views the ARS
(or is supposed to) as a source of technical personnel in times of need
(ie: war).  It might still be in the licence conditions, but after being
licensed for over 25 years I guess I may have forgotten a few things.

> I think they only have 1 office left? Is that in Canberra?

Yup.

> Mmmnm.....they will be soon sold off.....to China, all RF bands will be
> sold as well, to sweeten the deal........ All repeater freq applications
> etc will be done...via Beijing ;-)

Pretty much everything else is...

-- Dave