[OZAPRS] Australian Sat Gates?

Richard vk3jfk at amsat.org
Thu Sep 18 09:18:33 EST 2008

Ron,

I dont think that there are any APRS Sats in the sky over Australia
except ISS and ISS is not always on.

http://www.ariss.net/ and http://www.issfanclub.com/ will give you an
indication of the current status of ISS.

If you run APRS via ISS on the trip to Perth you will need a minimum of
2 ground stations (preferably 3). One in Adelaide and one in Perth to
have a reasonable chance of success. I can run a ground station from
home but it would only cover you for the first 1/3rd of the trip.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK