[OZAPRS] Message Traffic and WX Alert list in Xastir

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Nov 27 17:52:33 EST 2008

Andrew has raised a point re the ID field and I don't know the answer.
All I know is that mine started working after I added that field.

Geoff wrote:
> Excellent - Glad to hear that it's working now :-)
>
> SO - To summarise what we needed to do to make this all work (once we
> confirm this I'll update the website so that it's public record)
>
> - Ensure shp support is compiled into Xastir;
> - Create new .dbfawk files in the /config dir for the Aussie zones;
> - Stick the Shapefiles in the Counties dir;
>
> Did I miss anything from our debugging ???
>
> I'll upload the .dbfawk files along with the Shapefiles to the site+mirrors
> for everyone to grab - It'll save making errors in the future :-)

Geoff, I split the large shapefile into tiles courtesy of shp2tile. I
can ftp the parts to you if they're of any value. xastir can read the
tiles which are in the format c_aus20no08-#.shp where # is a number
dependent on the number of parts, but I don't know about UIView. Maybe
somebody can test this out. The file loads much more quickly as tiles.
> Still to be resolved is the MZ file, but this is an action on me to verify
> with our US counterparts and implement.
>
> Maybe it's because I'm only using the default maps in Xastir at the moment,
> but I must admit, the shapefile overlays do look better in UI-View (Solid
> areas rather than the ---ALERT--- fill that Xastir does)

Isn't this configurable in the dbfawk file? The US example maps have
complete fill.

Ray vk2tv