[OZAPRS] VHF and HF APRS

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 12:16:11 EST 2008

Hi Phillip (and Congratulations, Ian),

The use of SSIDs has been deprecated, which is stated in the document you
posted.

A better solution is to use GPSxyz in the TOCALL field.  There are more
details here:

http://eng.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/symbolsX.txt

I would suggest to Ian that the identifier could be the same on HF and
VHF, since the truck is the same truck.  Once the data is gated to APRS-IS
surely it doesn't matter where it came from?

Having said that, someone is bound to know for sure, but if not- try it
and see, then report back on the best solution.

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME