[OZAPRS] Mobile phone tracking from WhereIs

Richard Murnane Richard.Murnane at internode.on.net
Thu May 22 20:27:18 EST 2008

On the subject of tracking and mobile phones, I recently came across
this interesting web site:

	http://www.opengpstracker.org/

(not to be confused with N1VG's OpenTracker project).

You send an SMS to phone attached to a GPS receiver and some
interface electronics, and it SMSes you back its location. Ideal if
you have a mobile phone plan that gives you lots of free texting, I
guess.

Personally I'm more interested in the interfacing-to-the-phone bit.
The site has source code, schematics, etc.

73 Richard VK2SKY