[OZAPRS] linux

Terry Neumann tfneumann at internode.on.net
Fri May 9 09:31:36 EST 2008

Ben Lindner wrote:

> I sure no how to open a "can of worms"
>
> Ben Lindner
> VK5JFK
>
> *the originator of the message/question

Don't worry Ben; it's sure cured me of the occasional temptation to try
Linux for at least another twelve months.

You see I get this occasional curious urge so see what Linux is all
about, and I need a thread like this to remind me that life is too short
to waste on computer operating systems which offer such a diverse and -
well I'll say it - a seemingly infinite range of possibilities for total
frustration.

The last time I got as far as burning a set of CD's from a magazine
cover and waited patiently while the seemingly endless process of
installations scrolled down the screen.   When the big moment came to
reboot, I got a terse message advising that it could not start because
my computer had a serial mouse and it couldn't run with this
limitation.  So much for the occasional assertion that linux "will run
on any old clunker ".  (sigh).

Reading this thread took but a fraction of the time for that
installation, and it has brought about the same result.  I'm so glad you
raised the question.  Farewell the urge to try Linux for at least
another few months.

Now what the heck is going with this blasted Windows computer and why
can't it see my new USB device / modem / printer / CD drive etc. ...... ?

(sigh)
(again)

73
Terry :-)