[OZAPRS] Re: Packable Tracker

vk7arn vk7arn at bigpond.com
Thu May 8 14:50:22 EST 2008

I've put some pictures and notes on the APRS BakPak tracker here
http://tas.wicen.org.au/APRS/aprs_bakpac.html.  Seems to work without RF
feedback OK now at 4W.  Thanks for the contributions, some of which (those
suited to the concept) I'll incorporate.

Interested in any ideas for the TT config.  Would like it to cut back beaconing
when not moving, without having to switch off.  Currently have it at 120 seconds
with a slow speed of 1 mph and 30 seconds at 2 mph (recognising that it's use
will be short term "on event").  Min. Turn Angle 30degrees, Turn Slope 150, Min
Turn Time 10 (don't ask me why - it's a stab in the dark!)  Suspect the maths
won't work with only 1 mph between Fast and Slow. It's set for alternate digi
paths of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 and TAS3-3.

Roger vk7arn

PS Thanks Sasi for the Foundation CD comment.