[OZAPRS] News Update from Central Queensland

Mark Robinson VK4KMR vk4kmr at wia.org.au
Mon Mar 17 23:09:20 EST 2008

Hi All,

An update from around Central Queensland.

All the APRS Digi's across CQ have had new Eprom files complied ready for
burning the Eprom's. So over the next few weeks these replacement Eproms
will be changed out at each APRS Digi site as time and access permits. Once
this is completed the same Digi software will be in all Digi's in Queensland
with the new digi path used for mobiles as WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2  This will make
it possible to have your beacons digipeated  from south of the NSW border on
the Gold Coast up the Queensland coast through Brisbane, Nambour, Sunshine
Coast, Gympie, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Sarina, Mackay, Proserpine and up to
Townsville. Shortly Bundaberg - Maryborough - Gympie regions will have full
coverage once the Digi's are setup in place. Also travelling from Ipswich
and Toowoomba inland via Kingaroy, Monto, Biloela, Moura, Rolleston,
Springsure, Emerald, The Gemfields and the Central Highlands now has full
coverage. Shortly another Digi is planed for the Charters Towers area; from
there we hope it will keep growing further north up the coast to Cairns and
west from the Towers to Mt Isa & beyond.

Remember all path setting will need to be changed to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 for
this to all work. This is the same settings needed when travelling south of
the border into NSW, Victoria, SA and in Tassy. It will be the same
everywhere.

Look forward to seeing Amateurs travelling our roads and Highways safely
over the coming Easter period and the School Holidays.

Regards

Mark Robinson VK4KMR

   Amateur Radio Station VK4KMR

_____       <http://www.qrz.com/VK4KMR> WWW.QRZ.COM/ ___________

       _-_I\            IRLP  Node #  6037, Australia

    /        +\   Dysart, Queensland. Australia

    \ _.---._/       Mobile: 0419 757 363
              v         Email: vk4kmr at wia.org.au <mailto:vk4kmr at wia.org.au>

  <skype:vk4kmr?call> My status
Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download>  and call me for free.