[OZAPRS] UIDIGI and Cheap HH

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Fri Mar 14 22:31:59 EST 2008

WILSON Jim wrote:
> Second question,
> I'm short handhelds for the event, I'd like to pick up some cheap HH.
> Are there any standouts in the Chinese offerings? Would need a handheld
> for the digi (MFJ-1270), and handhelds for trackers (opentrackers & some
> opentracker+).

Hi Jim,

I'm using a Puxing PX-777 in my 'track in the box' system, along with an
OpenTracker.
	http://ingramtech.com/?p=13

I have it receive too, putting coordinates out to my Garmin GPS. I bought it
from 409shop.com in HK, at quite reasonable rates (US$67 at the moment). They
also have flexible dual band antennas that go straight onto the SMA-F antenna
jacks.
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=101829
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=101885

The Kenwood cable works well with the Puxing. The Kyd I use on 70cm is a dog
in comparison -- the interface misses knob turns and button presses, but the
PX777 is very well built in comparison. I find that the two plug Kenwood
connection holds very well, much better than the cable I have for my Yaesu
VX5. I put ferrites on the mic leads too.
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=70
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

Hope this helps,
	Dave.