[OZAPRS] UIDIGI and Cheap HH

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Mon Mar 17 12:52:03 EST 2008

vk3xci at aanet.com.au wrote:
> Bob
> As far as the Quansheng goes, the mute is fixed... you can't turn it off,
> tho' I believe you can temporarily defeat it by pushing the "Monitor"
> button.
>  I don't know what the implications of a hardware mod to achieve that
> would be.

The PX-777 squelch is set through the menu (Menu 5), and SQL 00 is open
squelch. The OpenTracker has DCD detect in software, so is happy with the hash
until a signal comes through.

My KYD TK-338 (70cm) is different. SQL 00 is the lowest setting, but is not
open. I think that is another vote for the PX-777!

Dave.
--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)
Real email: dave at ingramtech dot com