[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Mon Jun 23 17:42:51 EST 2008

Exactly.  The restriction should only apply for 4 letter calls.  Yes VK2FIRE
is making it to RF - that's how it was detected on several D700's driving
around last week.

VK2FOUR on the other hand went a bit overboard - we added him to the budlist
on every digipeater and IGate in the region, and when he realized that his
data was no longer showing up on findu he started beaconing as  VK2-4
(which also has been blocked)

I approached the author of the javAPRSsrvr package (in use at many IGates
including the two national servers) about implementing an exclusion filter
based on callsign patterns. . .  The answer was a definite NO - not now and
there never will be (due to legal issues that arose in the USA by doing
this)

SO - It remains up to us as users to educate the offending stations on their
license issue, and up to individual IGates to exclude the traffic from
reaching RF locally.   If they continue to offend, then we have no choice
really but to individually add that station to the budlist/exclude list of
the relevant digipeaters and IGates.

Geoff
VK2XJG