[OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Mon Jun 23 07:10:48 EST 2008

Yeah, I've done it myself.  Back before I was licence for 20m I
accidentally popped up while using a valve rig.  You had to think about
where the knobs were as to what band you were on.  I was so excited by the
contact I forgot where I was.

I was politely reminded, I apologised and QSYed.  Hey, no one is perfect.

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
22/06/2008 05:03 PM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

Australian APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] Foundation Calls reminder

There are probably quite a few of us who have been "flexible" with our
licence conditions at one time or another, whether deliberately or
accidently.

The operator who, without thinking, replies to a CQ outside his
allocated band probably needs a gentle reminder that he's out of band.
The F call who operates aprs might also need just a friendly reminder.

I'm not advocating coming the heavy on all "offenders", just those who
don't respond to the friendly approach.

Hey Damien, imagine what you could do on 70cm with a similar array and
full legal power!!

Ray vk2tv

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.