[OZAPRS] RE: Delayed traffic ? (Andrew Rich)

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 16 19:22:58 EST 2008

Yesterday afternoon I was playing around on the IS system with a Ui-view
machine that was only connected via the Net . I noticed some odd anomalies
with messaging. I was logged onto second.aprs.net.au and our local Igate
is
logged onto first ..

Messaging just didnt get through or took a long time to actually get an
ack
and had to be resent at times to get it through. It was just odd. Shortly
after it was reasonably quick. I tried several different stations to
message
to that normally would work. It was distincly different to what it is
normally. This could relate to specific ISPs or perhaps an issue on the
Tier2 system.

I will try it again tonight with a similar test.
I wonder if there have been issues with the IS feed? Ive had suspicions
before. I dont know about the stuck squelch concept.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH