[OZAPRS] 6M APRS

Jack Chomley radio at irock.com.au
Sat Feb 9 00:10:01 EST 2008

At 10:55 PM 2/8/2008, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have been following this discussion for a while now and no one has
>brought this up - so I will.
>
>I am under the impression that amateurs are not allowed to use 6M
>within range of Channel 0 transmitters.
>
>Doesn't this sort of rule it out as a use everywhere mode ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Philip
>VK4HPW

 From the band plan..........

The band 45 - 52 MHz is allocated on a primary basis to the
Broadcasting Service for television
channel 0. Amateur operation below 52 MHz is permitted on the
condition that no interference is caused to
reception of Channel 0 television stations. In eastern call areas
(VK1, 2, 3, 4 and 7), operation is restricted to
the band 50.000 - 50.300 MHz, using only CW (100 watts), SSB (100
watts) or FSK (30 watts). No operation
is permitted within 120 km of main channel 0 stations, or within 60
km of translators which have their outputs
or inputs on channel 0.

73s

Jack VK4JRC