[OZAPRS] Re: Aust Govt maps download struggle

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Feb 1 20:38:00 EST 2008

Tony,

You have no idea how comforting it is to find somebody else who can't
fathom shapefiles, hi.

If I could see a screen dump of a shapefile map, as used on APRS, I
might have a better Idea of what they're all about. I produced a
shapefile of Australia from Geoscience Australia data and it's nothing
more than a line drawing that may as well have been traced from one of
those plastic map things we had in primary school. I downloaded a
squillion megabytes of data to get that!!

Cheers ... Ray vk2tv