[OZAPRS] GEO files in XASTIR

Rodney Mitchell rodney at melecom.com.au
Sat Feb 2 10:31:21 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 14:56 +1100, Ray Wells wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I use Irfanview to convert from .ecw to .jpg and I create a UIView .inf
> file for each map. I then use the inf2geo.pl scripts that ships with
> xastir to convert from .inf to .geo.
>
> There may be an easier way but when that worked I stopped looking, hi.
>
> I should consider creating ppm files rather than jpg to create smaller
> images. Maybe a rainy day job.
>
> Ray vk2tv

Hi Ray and All...

Magic! Thx for the tip re Irfanview!

There are some 50,000:1 maps for Oziexplorer around for SA, but they are
BIG, around 500MB, and Irfanview previews them OK, but when trying to
open them errors with a message "decode fault" or something like that...

Probably a file size limitation with Irfanview me guess as PC has 4GB
RAM etc etc...

Regards to ALL, 73 Rod, VK5KFB.

believed to be clean.
Supported by melecom with another Fedora server.