[OZAPRS] HF APRS upsets the car's climate control

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Fri Dec 19 13:30:03 EST 2008

Hi,
This site, http://www.k0bg.com/ has all sorts of great info on mobile
amateur operation. Take a look through the bonding and grounds sections.
You will also see some photos of my mobile installation in the photo
gallery!
Make sure you are using material 31 ferrite cores. These have the best
performance on HF frequencies. If you don't know that you have material
31 ferrite cores, assume you don't and get your hands on some, they work
wonders with RF current flowing where you don't want it!
As Ray has said, changing the path of the coax will have little if no
impact on any interference caused to or from a radio installation.
Also make sure you aren't over modulating your transmit signal. This can
create a lot of distortion. Clipping SSB can cause all sorts of weird
things to happen.
Michael.
VK5ZEA