[OZAPRS] HF APRS upsets the car's climate control

Tony King vk3api at people.net.au
Wed Dec 17 09:05:47 EST 2008

Hi Tim and others,
I have a similar and more serious problem with 2m getting into the
cruise control in my Jackeroo 2000 model diesel.

If the cruise control is activated and I am talking on 2m none of the
normal options will deactivate the cruise control until I let go of the
ptt on the tx. First time it happened I nearly ran into the car in front
of me because I couldn't disengage the cruise control to pull up.
Similarly to Tim, my antenna is on the bull bar.

By the way if any one saw vk3ekg-9 behaving strangely  over the last
couple of days it was me, unfortunately. I was testing out some gear on
the bench running into a dummy load. I had an old garmin 72 in
simulation mode providing signals into the tnc and computer, but I
didn't realise that with the lid off the Tx there was just enough signal
getting out to get into the local repeater.  You may have noticed
VK3EKG-9 travelling at up to 1800 km/h at 140 feet altitude in all sorts
of random directions . Sorry if any one was upset or confused.....

I have implemented the shapes function in UIview 32 and it works ok. I
just followed the instructions in the UIview help file and those
provided on the link that Ray VK2TV provided

Regards Tony VK3API