[OZAPRS] wx warnings

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Dec 14 21:43:18 EST 2008

Hi Ben,

I've found the WX Alerts take some time to come out on RF even though they
are on APRS-IS. I'm also having a bit of trouble setting up the correct
filters for the IGate so it's taking a while to get it right. Especially
when I have to wait for real WX data from the server. I think I go SE SA
correct today.

In regards to Geelong, The theory is that any posits heard in the local
IGates area on RF are not rebroadcast by the local IGate. My guess is that
the Geelong stations are being heard by VK3SB-1 on RF and are being
considered as local. The station you see around Melbourne may not be on RF
or may not be considered local by the IGate.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK