[OZAPRS] DR-620T TNC Board

Mike tasit at tpg.com.au
Fri Dec 12 18:41:21 EST 2008

Hello Russell,
I went for the T2-135 in a dualband DR635. It can also use the EJ-50U TNC
board but the T2-135 was the cheaper option. I rerouted the second T2-135
serial port  to the rear 9pin D connector, which also needed to be added as
the radio didn't have one installed as standard, to have access to both the
RS232 Tx and Rx lines. With a couple of tracks cut on the T2-135 this has
worked well for the last 6 months +.
Though not a plug and play option the mods are minor and were worth the
effort at the time considering the price difference.
Could take some photos if you like. The only other issue was powering the 5V
GPS which I recall was the same for the EJ-50U. I did look at installing an
extra regulator in the radio but ended up doing that externally.
Mike,
VK2IN