[OZAPRS] PCSAT-1 APRS Operations Guidelines

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 9 05:20:10 EST 2008

APRS users:  We are attempting to restore PCSAT-1 to full
operation.

Until we are successful, we need to ask all users to stop using
the W3ADO-1 callsign.  You may prepare for full operation with
the PCSAT-1, ARISS and WIDEn-N digipeating aliases, and as soon
as PCSAT is capable of supporting a user load, then your packets
will get through.

Today, we attempted to logon to do some preparation work, but
the satellite was being beat-to-death literally by users.  Of
the many dozens and dozens of packets, W3ADO-1 could not
successfully complete even a single packet without failure.  It
cannot support this kind of load until we get the batteires
charged up, and we cannot restore PCSAT if we cannot get in a
few good packets. We could not get in, and so today's attempt
was lost.

So we request users to stop using W3ADO-1 until we activate the
proper PCSAT-1 callsigns and ARISS and WIDEn-N digipeater.

Oh, also, due to problems with outside access to the original
PCSAT web page, we have moved it off-site to:
www.aprs.org/pcsat.html  But notice that all links are broken on
this new site until we have time to re-direct them.  In the mean
time, though, that is where we will put CURRENT information.

Thanks
Bob, Wb4APR