[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News

Richard vk3jfk at amsat.org
Fri Dec 5 18:29:46 EST 2008

Gday,

We are in the process of configuring the VK3 TX IGate (VK3SB-1) to send
out VK NWS data and information for the greater Victorian and SE South
Australian WX forecasting areas. This will allow all RF station to
receive BOM weather warnings and if you have the NWS shape files loaded
you will also see the NWS shadings on your local maps. You can download
the shape files from http://wxsvr.aprs.net.au/index.html

While we are testing the NWS data transmissions you may see WX warnings
from VK3JFK-5 or intermittent warning data from VK3SB-1. Please bear
with us while we figure out what the exact configuration is that we need
to cover the RF network area.

Thanks to Geoff VK2XGJ for all the work he has put in to the NWS
development over the past 12 months.

VK3VHF-1
The RX IGate and filling digi VK3VHF-1 will be switched off for periods
of time over the next month or two while Rhett is adding an extension to
his house. This will reduce APRS coverage in the Bainsdale area and
limit your stations RF access to the APRS Internet feed.
If there is someone in the area that would like to run as a temporary RX
IGate as a backup for VK3VHF-1 please email me.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK