[OZAPRS] VK4JWG-15 on 10.147, 6 USB in HF-APRS in Western Australia.

Darryl Smith Darryl at Radio-Active.Net.Au
Thu Dec 4 19:48:39 EST 2008

There is a UK project - http://www.openstreetmap.org/

I have been thinking about putting a GPS data logger in my car for this
project

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Richard Murnane
Sent: Thursday, 4 December 2008 6:51 PM
To: Australian APRS Users
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] VK4JWG-15 on 10.147, 6 USB in HF-APRS in Western
Australia.

Thanks, Garry and Ray for your enlightening comments on the accuracy
of the road plots.

I suspect that there could be a useful "distributed" project, where
people could correct this old data so that the maps and aerial/
satellite imagery would match up better. There must be many such
roadways like this, to say nothing of those missing tracks you
mentioned.

73 Richard VK2SKY