[OZAPRS] RE: New wheels - dare I use anything that transmits?

Darryl Smith Darryl at Radio-Active.Net.Au
Thu Aug 28 07:47:52 EST 2008

On the subject of AirBags, you will be pleased to know that one of the
companies that tests the devices in the USA is a ham. And not only that, an
avid user of VHF and higher...

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Ray Wells
Sent: Thursday, 28 August 2008 7:37 AM
To: Australian APRS Users
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] RE: New wheels - dare I use anything that transmits?

This is not directed at Phil. He simply provided me with an entry point
to reply.

Sorry guys, but you're trying to punish the wrong people and at the same
time you run the risk of giving the amateur service a bad name.

The people who buy the cars generally know nothing about the device that
opens their car doors, and playing childish games on them will serve no
useful purpose.

You need a reminder that the 70cm band has NEVER been ours and if not
for being able to share it with the primary user, we probably would
never have had access to it. We are now and have always been the
secondary service, and that means accepting things that we may not like,
like the loss of 420-430MHz in vk6, and parts of that segment in other
cities. LIPD's are here to stay, as is the loss of part of the band. We
WILL eventually lose more of the band. Get used to it.

Having to move a few repeaters frequencies to cater for the LIPD's is a
minor inconvenience compared with loss of the band for.

The confessions on this topic clearly show why the amateur operator is
no longer a respected member of the community.
Before you start confessing to what you have done, or what you will do
to inconvenience users of LIPD's go and read your licence conditions.
The ACMA would dearly like to get rid of us, don't give them reasons.

Ray vk2tv