[OZAPRS] RE: New wheels - dare I use anything that transmits?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Aug 27 20:37:26 EST 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Shaun Pitcher wrote:

> No Prob with my XR6T at 50 watts to a 5/8 or 1/4 vert on the bonnet.  I
> do plan to put two earth straps on the bonnet to the body as I get
> engine noise on receive and the bonnet is not that well connected to the
> rest of the body.

I've had no problem with any of my steeds ever since I was licensed back
in '83, both old and new cars (but not so new that air-bags were fitted,
because I have a problem with the concept of a bomb waiting to go off in
my face).

> I can however set off the local newsagents alarm with a well positioned
> beacon (parked out the front).  Must try the VN commodore thing next
> time I am on the freeway!

I could set off car alarms in shopping centres, particularly the ones (the
alarms, I mean) designed by ETI.  Could also set off a neighbour's front
door-bell too, as I drove past it...

-- Dave