[OZAPRS] VK2RGL-1 (CabbageTree Mtn) now operational

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Aug 1 12:13:38 EST 2008

Hi Geoff,

I saw it on the map but vk2rmc-1 hasn't heard it yet. I'd be interested
in some site info - ERP and antenna height - so I can re-plot the path.

I'm just about ready to replace the radio at vk2rmc and fit a pre-amp.
The FM92 + pre-amp hears about 12dB better than the bare FM92 (0.08uV vs
.03uV). I'd expect a similar improvement over the FM828 that's currently
installed. I expect coverage to increase to about 100km of highway, with
fewer holes that at present. There will be agap in mobile coverage from
around Taree (northern extent of 2rgl) and about the southern Port
Macquarie turnoff (southern extent of 2rmc).

That's a vast improvement on what we had a year ago!!

Ray vk2tv