[OZAPRS] test drive

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sun Apr 27 09:49:27 EST 2008

That should be considerably better than the 5W :-)

I guess the 'standard' TX power is extremely varied.  Those with the Kenwood
TM-D700 or D710 would probably be using 25 or 50W settings (I have 25W on
mine but bump up to 50W when I go out of the metro area).   Folks with
TinyTrak coupled with FM828 or FM900 radios would be pushing between 15 and
30W.

And we are still waiting for the VK2RGL-1 digi to come up . . . The GLARC
won't put it on air until they have the formal paperwork from ACMA that the
frequency has been added to the site license - otherwise it is physically
ready to go and has been fully tested.

Once RGL-1 comes online from CabbageTree it would be interesting to see the
coverage then - as areas that RTZ-1 can't see may well be covered by RGL-1.

Geoff  VK2XJG