[OZAPRS] test drive

Jim Tittsler ZL2IA at OnNZ.net
Sun Apr 27 08:31:27 EST 2008

On Apr 27, 2008, at 10:18, Ray Wells wrote:

> I've been doing lots of site coverage plots and have used 25W as
> the tx power. Given, however, that an aprs digi is more about
> hearing than being heard, perhaps the plots should be done at 5W,
> or maybe 10W as a compromise, to provide a more realistic result.

And what is really important is the "effective" coverage given fill-
in WIDE1-1 (home) digipeaters, so perhaps rather than plotting the
coverage of a high level digipeater as it hears mobiles directly...
it might be more interesting to plot WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 coverage through
the high level digi.  That exploits the advantage packet has over the
voice repeaters.

--
Jim Tittsler  ZL2IA/AI8A    Gisborne                GPG: 0x01159DB6
http://www.qsl.net/7j1ajh/                       QRP/Satellites/APRS