[OZAPRS] ADS-B to APRS Server

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sat Apr 26 12:39:09 EST 2008

Nice!  I just tracked 7C6C9D as it landed at Brisbane airport.  Lost it at
150 Ft.

Now where did I put that laser pointer - Kidding.  In Syd we have has a
spate of people pointing them at planes and in one case pointed them at
the police chopper - Duh!

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

"Andrew Rich" <vk4tec at people.net.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
26/04/2008 10:32 AM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

"Australian APRS Users" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] ADS-B to APRS Server

Group,

In ADS-B or Automatic Surveillance Broadcast, each airframe gets a unique
24
bit address.

This the the code on the APRS objects.

There is also anothe field in ADS-B called FlightID

Then there is also the rego of the plane.

Confused ?

Example

7C1234 = Unique 24 bit address of Aircraft
VOZ232 = FlightID as entered by the pilot on take off
VH-VQY = Registration of the plane (only sent if no flight id )

ADS-B is to become mandatory in Australia soon.

So all planes should get ADS-B.

I am adding heaps of stuff to my web site.

www.tech-software.net

I made the feed available direct because of the load on APRS-IS.

I will endevour to make the planes look more "real" with the callsign.

I have not seen the rescue chopper around yet, but I think they just got a

new chopper.

I have started a new role at Airservices Australia.

I was a RADAR maintenace guy, now I work in Surveillance support.

We get to play with kewl radar tools and pull data to bits.

Maybe I can give a talk some day ?

Cheers