[OZAPRS] D700 being replaced... More information

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sun Sep 30 06:12:51 EST 2007

>From the TAPR/ARRL DCC in the USA...

I really should be there but I could not get away.

Enjoy

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:26:52 -0700
From: Scott Miller
Subject: Re: [aprssig] D700 on it's way out????????

And the really big news is a D710 type control head that'll apparently
work with any radio - very much like a HamHUD, in fact.  Radio control
functions won't work with non-Kenwood radios, of course, but it's got a
built-in TNC.

Scott
N1VG

Robert Bruninga wrote:
>>> to get the D700... <QUOTE>Your last chance to get
>>> your hands on this Great radio.</QUOTE>
>
> Replaced by the D710.  I will be demonstrating a D710 at the DCC
> this weekend in Hartford, CT.  Watch as I drive up there
> tonight, since one of its main features is the automatic
> insertion of band B voice frequency  in position reports.
>
> Should make it easier to find QSO's.
> Hopefully, I will see those local-voice repeater frequency
> objects too, so I will know where to look for activity.
>
> Bob, WB4APR

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/