[OZAPRS] APRS Local Repeater Info

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Sep 23 09:30:14 EST 2007

Gday Tim,

We have begun to implement this in VK.

VK3RCV, VK3RBA and a few VK7 voice repeaters are up on the map.

Some home stations are putting voice repeater objects on the map, but this
is not the best way to do it and I'm working on some of these getting
these
home station voice repeater objects put in to the local APRS digipeater
beacon.

The hole thing takes a bit of careful consideration when APRS Digipeaters
and Voice Repeaters are not co-sited but have overlapping coverage areas.
We
need to look carefully at the Guidelines and consider which APRS Digi /
Voice Repeater combination is best for the area.

To reduce confusion with voice repeaters in different states being on the
same frequency I recommend that the optional letter in the object protocol
be the first letter of the states name. Anyone got a suggestion for
multiple
voice repeaters on the same frequency in the same state?

The APRS Local Repeater Info standard will be rolled out across VK3 over
time. Not sure about the other states.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK