[OZAPRS] SEQ APRS - to do list

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Sep 23 18:50:29 EST 2007

Peter,

I'm currrently using John Magliacane's SPLAT! program, the latest
version that gives signal strength (dBuV/m) contours and which handles
multiple sites in the one plot.

If you can provide me with site locations (Lat & Long) and tx ERP I'll
be happy to produce a plot(s) showing tx overlap for a given region for
a rx antenna height you specify.

For those unfamiliar with John's program, it produces coloured contours
on a greyscale background of the topography. The maps used are those
produced bt the STS99 nission in 2000. John's prgram is freely available
but it only runs under Linux.

The program will provide area plots showing either loss conyours (dB) or
signal strength contours (dBuV/m). It will also do Line Of Site plots
between a given tx and rx.

Ray vk2tv