[OZAPRS] FW: [aprssig] RTrak: APRS All-In-One Tracker Sneak Peak

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sat Sep 22 14:43:37 EST 2007

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au <mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au>
http://www.tech-software.net

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of Jason Rausch
Sent: Saturday, 22 September 2007 12:12 PM
To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
Subject: [aprssig] RTrak: APRS All-In-One Tracker Sneak Peak

Ealier this week, I posted a couple of pictures on the
OpenTracker Yahoo group to show off our
latest product that is due near the end of Novemeber,
called the
RTrak.

I have added a small section to our home page with the
pictures and
some basic information about it at:
www.rpc-electronics.com

A basic description of the RTrak is an all-in-one
tracker with
integrated GPS, 2M Transmitter and SMT OpenTracker 1+.
 The package
will include a lighter power cord, GPS patch antenna
and serial
programming cable.  All you have to add is the 2M
antenna.  Tests so
far have shown that a 5/8 wave seems to work the best
for a mobile
setup.  We have done much bench testing with an SMA HT
whip style
antenna as well.  There is a potential for the RTrak
to be the
backpacker's APRS buddy with a small 12V gell cell.

We are taking note of those interested in this for
pre-production
counts.  Please email us and let us know if you are
interested and if
you have any suggestions.  We are always open to
suggestions to make
our products better.

We plan to have a working demo unit (or two) at DCC
next week to show off.

Thanks!
Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics