[OZAPRS] MFJ1278B for APRS

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Thu Sep 6 14:06:10 EST 2007

Hi all.

I've been very fortunate to have been given an MFJ1278B multimode TNC
with an on-board DSP filter.

At my QTH I have terrible problems with popping/crackling/frying QRM on
VHF due (mostly, I suspect) to power line interference.

Not having used a DSP TNC before, I'm wondering if it's worth putting
this TNC on my APRS port. Will the DSP will be able to help getting a
higher percentage of APRS packets successfully decoded?

Cheers,
Gavin
VK6HGR

--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
    ICQ: 17230395          Skype/MSN/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au