[OZAPRS] New Kantronic KP3 and GPS arrived

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sat Oct 27 09:54:23 EST 2007

Small world.  I purchased a 5 band HF Vertical from Garry's club.  Garry
only has dial up internet at his place from memory.

Anyway, off to make my lead to plug into the 2m in the car.

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher
spitcher at energy.com.au

Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
27/10/2007 09:33 AM
Please respond to
VK / ZL  APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

VK / ZL APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] New Kantronic KP3 and GPS arrived

I'm unaware of any RF stations around Newcastle but that doesn't mean
they don't exist. There are numerous WX stations in that area with
callsigns attached. Alan, VK2CZZ is an ex-BBS operator so he may have RF
as well.

The Central Coast 2m voice repeater used to be accessible from
Bulahdelah so it's possible (probable?) that you heard the APRS digi at
the same site.

There's very little APRS activity on the north coast. I'm in Kempsey and
I'm the northern most APRS station in NSW with a callsign attached.

I've been in discussions with Garry VK2UNI at Wingham and he is
considering an APRS digi on a site he has between Wingham (Taree) and
Gloucester. That will be a start to some APRS coverage down that way and
it will compliment VK2RMC-1 near Kempsey (which is still on dummy load
awaiting a piece of paper!). We've discussed other options for up this
way.

Ray vk2tv